My name is Jean, the son of a family of wine growers since 1711. You can discover more about me and my world by clicking here. Have a nice visit! >>
It has a seed
Idiomatic French expression meaning “It’s a bit crazy”, in homage to a grape variety that’s in a class of its own!
To make a wine that captures my spirit, I chose a variety with personality: Gamay Noir.
Like its name, it holds the intense purple red color of its clusters, like the sun’s rays enriched with purple shades. Under the skin, a delicate appearance and generous flavors of ripe juicy berries, must be preserved until harvest.
It is then that all the facets of the personality of this grape variety are expressed in their unique way: amplitude, finesse, delicacy and freshness.
Both simple and elegant, red wines from Gamay Noir are delicious when young, and also after several years of aging!
There's no lizard
Idiomatic French expression meaning “No problem whatsoever” … with the granite slopes on which my vineyard stands!
My wine reflects the history of the land where I was born.
Land located near Lyon, it alternates between forests, plains and hills. On its slopes, facing the sun, my vineyard enjoys a beautiful light year round that perfectly ripens the grapes.
Its roots are firmly anchored in a granite rock formed here some 320 million years ago. Gamay Noir could not ask for better soil to flourish than this granite cradle, both well draining and airy, where dinosaurs once roamed and today hosts some adventurous lizards!
Let's go back to our sheep
Idiomatic French expression meaning “Let’s get back to basics”, especially when it comes to making a good wine!
In my family, we have been winemakers since 1711; passion for the land and strong work ethic are passed down from generation to generation.
Proud of my roots, I honor the expertise of my ancestors by never losing sight of the essential: to make a tasty and generous wine, period!
Each of my vines are grown with care to enable them to express their own personality and guarantee perfect grapes during the harvest.
Gentle winemaking protects the soft tannins and fruity aromas typical of Gamay Noir. Careful ageing on the lees brings complexity and character to my wine.
It's the bouquet!
Idiomatic French expression meaning “It really takes the cake”, and referring to the aromatic richness of my wine!
When tasting my wine, with its intense purple color and brilliant purple tints, it is the Gamay Noir doing the talking!
Aromas of spice and mineral notes, gradually give way to delicious flavors of blackberry, blueberry, and even a touch of licorice.
On the palate, the balance is perfect; both round and fresh, my wine reveals all the richness of its soil.
A wonderful simple and accessible wine that works both as an aperitif or during the meal.
There's bread on the breadboard
Idiomatic French expression meaning “There’s plenty of work to be done”, for example when it’s your turn to make dinner for your friends!
Ideal to share as an appetizer, my recipe for mini “croque-JEAN”
Ingredients for an appetizer for 4 people:
- 8 slices of loaf bread
- 30 slices of chorizo
- 1 large zucchini
- 200 grams of grated Emmental cheese
- 2 eggs
Wash the zucchini and cut into thin strips. Layer the slices of zucchini on half of the bread slices, trim the edges to fit the bread. Layer the chorizo over the zucchini slices. Layer the second slice of bread on the chorizo.
In a bowl, beat the eggs, and stir in the grated cheese. Add salt and pepper. Dip each sandwich in the egg mixture to moisten. Place in an oven proof dish, and pour a little more of the egg mixture on top; making sure to get some cheese on each sandwich. Bake at 210 ° C twenty minutes or until crisp. Wait until they cool slightly before cutting into four pieces. The aperitif is ready!
Making it into (open) sandwiches
Idiomatic French expression which definitely whets your appetite, for it means “Making a meal of it”.
Simple and quick to prepare, this gourmet open-faced sandwich recipe that fits my wine for a tasty snack!
Ingredients for 4 sandwiches in Jean fashion:
- 4 large slices of country bread
- 400 grams of mozzarella
- 8 slices of smoked ham
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 jar of tomato sauce
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 green pepper
- fresh basil leaves
Arrange the bread slices on a baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and cover with tomato sauce. Cut the mozzarella into slices and arrange them on the bread. Cut the slices smoked ham in half and place them on the mozzarella. Cut the peppers into small cubes and fry in a pan with a little olive oil. Then distribute on the bread. Sprinkle with basil and pepper before placing the bread in a hot oven for about ten minutes. Once the mozzarella melts, the sandwiches are ready to eat!
With total frankness
Unique French expression meaning “No frills attached”, describing a simple, festive way of sharing food and drink with friends!
Come find me on social networks to follow my news and share with me your moments of tasting!
We haven't left the inn yet!
Idiomatic French expression meaning “We’re still here and we will be for some time”, as in the urge to hang around at all our wine merchants and retailers!
- Colruyt – www.colruyt.be/fr – 02 345 2345 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- La Barge – Restaurant-Péniche – 15 Quai Général Sarrail, 69006 Lyon – 04 78 52 49 91
- Brasserie Le Flash – Centre Commercial Leclerc, 01700 BEYNOST – 04 72 25 81 07
- La Cave du Château – Place de la République, 69450 Saint-Cyr-au-Mont-d’Or – 04 72 85 00 20 – email@example.com
- Histoire sans faim – Place Claudius Peytel, 69270 Rochetaillée-sur-Saône – www.histoiresansfaim.fr – 04 78 35 42 38 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joséphine à Table – Le Plâtre Durand, 71570 St-Amour-Bellevue – www.josephineatable.fr – 03 85 37 10 26
- Le Petit Frère – 76 rue Masséna, 69006 Lyon – www.le-petit-frere.fr – 04 78 52 11 11 – email@example.com
- Ted Restaurant Grill & Bar – 28 avenue des Frères Montgolfier, 69680 Chassieu – www.ted-restaurant.com – 06 19 52 65 94 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tout le monde à table – 1 rue du 24 Mars 1852, 69009 Lyon – www.toutlemondeatable.fr – 04 37 64 62 48
- Cellarmarque – Bakers Barn Oake, Somerset TA4 1BA – +44 18234 61034
- Ellis Wharton Wines – St Andrews Road, Par, Cornwall PL24 2LX – www.ewwines.co.uk – +44 1726 825255
- Experience Wine – The Cold Store, Unit 1e, Restormel Industrial Estate , Lostwithiel, Cornwall PL22 0HG – www.experiencewine.co.uk – +44 1208 871619
- D’Arcy Wines – 1, Lansdown Industrial Estate, Gloucester Rd, Cheltenham GL51 8PL – www.darcywine.co.uk – +44 1242 511682
- Firth & Co Wine Merchant Limited / Private Sales – Lowfield Farm, Ainderby Steeple, Northallerton, North Yorkshire DL7 9SD – www.firthandco.com/contact.php – +44 1609 770875
- George Hill of Loughborough – 59 Wards End, Loughborough, Leics LE11 3HB – www.georgehill.co.uk – +44 1509 212717
- Grape & Grind – 101 Gloucester Road, Bristol, BS7 8AT – www.grapeandgrind.co.uk – +44 117 924 8718
- Hennings Wine – The Wine Cellars, Unit 2 Station Approach, Pulborough, West Sussex, RH20 1AQ – www.henningswine.co.uk – +44 1798 872485
- Hercules Wine Warehouse – www.herculeswines.co.uk
1) Macknade Fine Foods, Selling Road, Faversham, Kent ME13 8XF – +44 1795 530050
2) Moat Sole, Sandwich, Kent CT13 9AU – +44 1304 617100
3) Hercules Wine & Fine Foods, Frog Lane, Bishopsbourne, Kent CT4 5HR – +44 7400 963065
- Needhams Wines – Bank House, High Street, Chipstead Sevenoaks TN13 2RR – www.needhamswines.com – +44 1732 740422
- Park Vintner – 126 Arthur Rd, London SW19 8AA – www.parkvintners.co.uk – +44 20 8944 5224
- Rodney Densem Wines – 4 Pillory St, Nantwich CW5 5BD – +44 1270 626999
- The Vintage House – 42 Old Compton St, Soho, London W1D 4LR – www.vintagehouse.london – +44 20 7437 2592
- Woburn Wine – Herts – www.woburnwine.co.uk – +44 1525 288801
- Jamies Wine Bars – Ground Floor, Peek House, 20 Eastcheap, London EC3M 1EB – +44 20 7337 2674
- B. Walker T/ A Crown Hotel – The Imperial Crown Hotel 42-46 Horton Street, Halifax HX1 1QE – www.corushotels.com/halifax/ – +44 1422 342342
- The Crown Hotel – Norfolk Coast AONB, The Buttlands, Wells-next-the-Sea NR23 1EX – www.crownhotelnorfolk.co.uk – +44 1328 710209
- High Post Golf Club – Great Durnford, Salisbury SP4 6AT – www.highpostgolfclub.co.uk – +44 1722 782356